The Blueridge Community Association (BCA) is run by committed and passionate volunteers on behalf of all residents of Blueridge and Seymour Heights.
Throughout the year, we have many opportunities for you to get involved such as Good Neighbour Day, Newsletter Delivery, Good Neighbour Greetings Team, the Blueridge Sharing Garden and more.
Currently open positions are posted below. Click on any of them to get more details. If you are interested in one or more of these opportunities, please fill out and submit the Volunteer Information Form and we will contact you within 48 hours to discuss it in more detail.
The BCA has a wide variety of communications we use to get information out to community members. These include a printed newsletter, a monthly email, our website, and 3 social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter). Keeping these all organized and getting information to each one in a timely fashion is key, and these people make that happen.
Key duties include:
- Be the central point of contact for information that would be put out into the community and would then liaise with those in charge of the different modes of communication to ensure that the information is disbursed throughout all the appropriate channels.
- Feed post material to our social media posting individual to ensure that information is posted on the BCA platforms (Instagram and Facebook).
- Ensure that major news items is also shared on the Blueridge Community neighbor’s group.
- Ensure that information from the bulletin and newsletters gets shared on social media platforms.
- Ensure that news from social media is shared in Bulletin and newsletters.
- Help keep the community up to date on what the BCA is doing and the initiatives it runs.
- Improve our communication processes where needed.
Project Community is an initiative where we work with local businesses to create opportunities for them to come work with multiple Blueridge residents in sequence, letting them save money and time, and passing those savings on to our residents. Recent projects have included house painting, tree/branch cutting and gutter cleaning.
We are looking for a volunteer to work with our Board Member Lauren Gorgounis on the administrative requirements of this program. Responsibilities would include:
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to choose services that would interest our residents
- Source local businesses for offers once a service has been decided upon
- Collaborate with Lauren Gorgounis to choose a vendor
- Assist with the communication of the offer to our residents using the Blueridge Communication Association channels (Newsletter, Bulletin, Website and Social Media).
- Engage with residents on Blueridge Neighbours Facebook page to determine services our residents need and gain recommendations on businesses to approach for offers.
It is estimated that this role involves approximately 3 hours of time per month.
The Blueridge Community Association has a comprehensive communications platform. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about the people and activities in their community and have excellent writing skills to help us effectively communicate with our residents. This would be a fantastic opportunity for a journalism or marketing student. Expected time commitment is 2 to 4 hours per month. The content writers will:
- Assist communications team and the Board of Directors with developing and writing content for social media, printed newsletter ( 3 times per year) email bulletin newsletter (monthly) and our website. The website is currently being updated and content needs to be re-written. This may result in increased commitment for a short period of time.
- Interview residents, partners, sponsors etc. as directed by the Communications Committee to uncover the details of a story or project and write articles based on the interview.
- Proofread content for errors and inconsistencies.
- Editing and polishing existing content to improve readability.
- Create compelling headlines and content that will capture the attention of our residents.
- Conduct community research and suggest new content ideas to address gaps in the association’s current content.
Join a dedicated group of volunteers who distribute our community newsletter 3 times a year (March, June and November) to 1500 homes in Blueridge and Seymour Heights. We have 26 routes that we require volunteers for. Most routes take approximately 45 minutes to finish. Several of our volunteers involve the whole family as a way to introduce volunteerism to their children. Joining the group does not mean committing to every newsletter delivery. You can opt in or opt out as your schedule allows.
Interested in hearing about new opportunities in the future? Just fill in the volunteer information form below and click the “Future Opportunities” option. You will then be subscribed to our volunteer database and receive emails when new opportunities are available.