1) The next BCA (Blueridge Community Association) meeting will take place on Tuesday, March 24th at 7:00 pm. Note that the location has changed! In anticipation of a capacity crowd we are holding the meeting at Canlan Ice Sports (Intersection of Berkley and Mt.Seymour Parkway). The meeting starts at 7:00 pm sharp and the discussion concerns the Transportation and Transit Plebiscite (otherwise known as vote YES/NO for a 0.5% sales tax increase). The guest speaker is Mayor Richard Walton, the moderator is North Shore journalist Bob Mackin. Questions from audience members are welcome. There will also be a presentation regarding changes to bus service in Blueridge.
2) Blueridge Creek clean-up – seeking volunteers (with green thumbs). The next creek clean-up takes place at 9:00 am on Friday April 10th. Join your neighbours, DNV employees and Grade 4 students from Blueridge Elementary School at the intersection of Bronte Drive and Blueridge Creek for a morning of planting, weeding and general creek clean up. All are welcome and all tools will be provided (bring gardening gloves). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
3) McCartney Creek Park Easter Eggstravaganza. Looking for a fun and local Easter Egg hunt this Easter? Monday April 6th at 10 am in the McCartney Creek playground. For Ages 2 – 10 years old.
4) Check out Parkgate Community Centre’s website for their new Spring Programs. There is something for all ages at Parkgate.
5) The BCA in partnership with the Electronics Recycling Association (ERA) will be hosting a Computer Electronics Recycling event on Saturday June 13th from 1 pm – 3 pm at Blueridge Elementary School. This is your chance to recycle any old IT/computer equipment (and peripherals) that have been cluttering up your garage or crawl space. For a full list of accepted items, please click here. (no TV’s or Microwave Ovens will be accepted, thanks).
6) Do you enjoy walking in the neighbourhood? We’re looking for volunteers to deliver the Blueridge Community Newsletter (the blue one that goes out to over 1400 homes three times a year). Each route is approximately 25 homes, and will take around an hour of your time. If you’d like to volunteer for the next newsletter (which should be ready this weekend) please drop us a line at email@example.com.