OK- couldn’t let the rest of the month go by without updating everyone about the following hot-button items!
1) LIOLI (that’s Love It or List It). I know many of you tuned into Episode 1. Episode 2 airs on Monday February 16th at 10:00 pm on W network. Tune in to find out if they are going to Love it…..or List it!
2) Newsletter – the next edition of the Blueridge Newsletter (the blue one that goes out to over 1400 homes!!) is in its infancy – we need articles. Deadline for submission (of articles that will be of interest to people living in Blueridge/Seymour Heights) is March 1st. Send your masterpiece to our intrepid editor Sonia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Free Thermal Imaging – courtesy of the DNV Fire Department (when they are not busy fighting fires). Find out more.
4) Public Meeting regarding a proposed Recovery Support Housing facility for Men. Thursday February 19th at Parkgate Community Centre at 6:30 pm. Find out more.
5) Next meeting of the Blueridge Community Association will be on Tuesday March 24th at 7:00 pm in the library of the Blueridge Elementary School. The topic – Transit Referendum 2015.
6) Blueridge Good Neighbour Day – Sunday June 7th, 11 am – 3 pm. We are busy planning, meeting, coordinating and preparing for this awesome community event. We are always looking for (coercing?) more volunteers – either in the planning stages or for the day of the event. Can you spare an hour or two on the day (or a few evenings for planning?). Do you have something to donate to the Silent Auction? Would your business/organization like to have a table at the event, or sponsor a ride or a booth? We also need to borrow a PA system for the band and announcements during the event. Let us know at email@example.com.