Is it October already? The late start to the school year made it feel like an extended summer – but with the arrival of the rain (and huge spiders in the basement) it is starting to feel like Fall!! There are many things going on in the neighbourhood right now that are of interest to Blueridge residents. Click on the links in each item to find out more…
- Do you want to put your skills to work and meet new people? The Blueridge Good Neighbour Day (BGND) planning committee is looking for volunteers.
- The next BCA newsletter (which goes out to over 1400 homes in Blueridge/Seymour Heights) comes out in November. The deadline for submission of articles to the newsletter is Saturday October 18th. Submit your masterpiece to newsletter [at] blueridgeca [dot] org.
- Calling all green thumbs. Plans for the Sharing Garden are moving forward. A backhoe and cardboard are needed. The District has given us the green light to proceed with the vacant land near Seymour Heights Elementary School. Click links for the latest news and information about location and plans.
- Did you know that there is an upcoming municipal election on Saturday November 15th. The BCA is hosting an All Candidates Meeting on Monday November 10, from 7:00 – 9:00 pm at Mt.Seymour United Church (1200 Parkgate Ave). In 2011, only 21 % of eligible voters in the DNV came out to vote in the municipal election – and yet some might say that local government is the one that has the greatest influence in our day-to-day lives. Mayoral and Council candidates will be at the All Candidates Meeting – here is your chance to meet those who will be running the District for the next four years.
- Look for details in our November Bulletin about how you can help with Operation Red Nose and fund-raise for the BCA at the same time.
- In Vino Veritas… Join us for the first even Blueridge Community Association Wine Tasting event – Saturday November 15th. Read more