1) Blueridge Good Neighbour Day. Only 6 more sleeps until Blueridge Good Neighbour Day, Sunday, June 7 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm. There is so much happening on the day. From Food Trucks (Blue Smoke BBQ, Gypsy Trunk Caravan, Doogie Dog Hotdogs, Gyros) to Live Entertainment (Backspin Bluegrass Band, Mike Bertini Acoustic Guitar, Inch an Hour Tragically Hip Cover Band and the Silver Harbour Line Dancers). There will be rides, games, popcorn, bouncy castles, and new this year – a mechanical bull ride. Adults, please bring your ID if you wish to enjoy the Beer Garden sponsored by Deep Cove Brewing and Distilling. Cash or credit cards are accepted at the Silent Auction. Admission is FREE – we look forward to seeing you at Good Neighbour Day 2015 – Wild West!
2) B & E. “Summertime, and the livin’ is easy…“.With the summer weather upon us it is easy to leave car windows open and doors unlocked at night. There have been reports of break-ins to unlocked cars…so don’t forget to lock up at night.
3) Twin Bridges Update – the response to the Seymour River Canyon Trail Connections public meeting regarding the replacement of Twin Bridges has been so overwhelming that a second date has been added. For more info (and to register for the second meeting on Thursday June 25th), please go to the MetroVancouver website
4) Save our Shores. The North Vancouver Save Our Shores Society (NVSOSS) is hosting the 2015 Discovery Waterfront Walk that will take place on Sunday June 14, 2015. The walk starts at Cates Park between the hours of 9:30 and 11:00 am, and ends at Deep Cove. To return to Cates Park, participants can enjoy a FREE boat ride on the Ocean Watch until 3:00 pm, or return by walking. This is a moderately difficult walk, approximately two hours long and passing over beaches, roads, and trails. Participants are advised to wear sturdy walking shoes and clothing suitable for the weather conditions. Don’t forget your water bottle! For more info and a map of the route check out the NVSOSS webpage.
5) Watering Restrictions begin today – June 1st.
6) Separated glass recycling starts July 1st in Blueridge.
7) Sharing Garden. Next work party takes place on Saturday June 13th from 9:30 – 4:30 pm. Come by when you can and bring drills, wheelbarrows, work gloves and shovels if you have them. For more info, or to join please go to the Sharing Garden Facebook page or email email@example.com.
8) Trail closure between Blueridge and Riverside neighbourhoods.
9) Community baseball games at Blueridge Park. Donate a toonie and join your neighbours in a fun baseball game at the diamond in Blueridge Park. Games will take place on Thursday evenings at 7:00 pm on July 16, July 30, and August 20. The grand final will take place Sunday August 30. This is a fundraiser for Parkinson’s Disease called “Swingin’ for Papa and Parkinsons”.
10) E-waste drop-off Sunday June 13th at 1 pm – 3 pm at Blueridge Elementary School. The BCA, in partnership with the ERA (electronics recycling association) is having a free e-waste drop off event. Do you have dusty old peripherals and CRT monitors clogging your crawl space? Is there a drawer full of old analogue flip phones in your kitchen? How about a laser printer circa 1999? Bring them down to the school and they will be reused (as appropriate) or recycled.