1. We are looking for submissions for the March edition of the Blueridge Newsletter. The blue newsletter goes out to over 1400 homes, three times a year. The deadline for submissions is February 16th. Please submit articles to newsletter [at] blueridgeca [dot] org.
2. Blueridge Creek Clean Up. Take advantage of the nice weather and join the Blueridge Community Association on a creek clean-up day. Two dates to choose from (or come to both!) – Friday February 28th, and Wednesday March 12th. Join students from Blueridge Elementary and Cap University as well as Graham Knell from the DNV. The clean up starts at 9:00 am where Blueridge Creek crosses Bronte Drive (right by the elementary school). Participants will be removing invasive plants and replanting bare areas with native species. All are welcome! Please contact Rhoda Irwin rhoda_irwin [at] yahoo [dot] ca for more information.
3. Translink is holding an Open House, on Thursday, February 6th from 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm at Parkgate Community Centre on “proposed route changes to the C15 Bus Service“.
4. Mark your calendars, the next BCA meeting will be on Tuesday March 11th at 7:00 pm in the library of Blueridge Elementary School. Guest Speaker will be Tom Jackson from Canexus (which is located on Maplewood Flats) – he will be speaking about Safety (yes…its a chemical plant) and Transportation (do you ever hear train noise at night?) concerns.
5. Back by popular demand – it’s Blueridge Good Neighbour Day 2014 edition, scheduled for Sunday June 8th. More information coming soon, in the meantime, follow us on Facebook. . We are always looking for volunteers to help on the day of the event, and to help with planning this fantastic day!! Please contact bgnd [at] blueridgeca [dot] org if you’d like to help out.