1) Sharing Garden Work Party – Saturday April 18th at 9:30 am
2) Seymour Salmonid Society Chum Salmon release in Maplewood Creek at Maplewood Farm. Saturday April 18th between 10:30 am and noon. If you haven’t attended before the Chum salmon release is a great activity for kids (especially the little ones, be sure to put them in boots as their feet WILL get wet). Kids collect buckets of tiny salmon fry and release them off into the wild. Find out more about the life cycle of salmon in the Pacific Northwest.
3) Choices and Challenges: A Force of Nature Community Conversations Event on Wednesday April 15th 7:00-9:00 pm, Parkgate Community Centre. Join Ben West and guests in a community discussion that will explore the many local opportunities we have to move beyond fossil fuels toward a prosperous, clean energy future.
4) Its National Volunteer Week (April 12-18th). From the National Volunteer website,
A volunteer action is like a stone thrown in a lake: its effect has a direct impact. At the same time, like ripples, volunteer efforts reach out far and wide to improve communities. Undeniably, volunteers rock.
A huge “thank you” to the many volunteers that make our neighbourhood a better place to live. Are you looking for volunteer opportunities in Blueridge/Seymour Heights? We need people for the Blueridge Good Neighbour Day organizing committee, the Sharing Garden, and the Blueridge Community Association. Contact us at info [at] blueridgeca [dot] org to find out more.
5) Maximize your garden, minimize your waste: free composting workshop at Parkgate Community Centre, Tuesday April 21st from 7 – 8:30 pm. RSVP required. More information